Something I am striving for personally is to make my words count for good. Look at all the scriptures that speak about our mouth, tongue, and words. John spoke sunday morning on the power of words. Power to build up and the power to destroy; the power to cause action and the power to quickly stop action. In Ecclesiastes 3 1-8. This is not speaking of our timing but the timing of our Lord. My tongue will not be the one that determines what time it will be. Too many people we minister to have had detroying words in their lives. I don't want to be a part of those words. I believe their are times when we must speak truth but it must always be with LOVE. I desire LOVE to be heard in my words. In my past, my words were not always pleasant. What I said may not have been wrong but how I said them and with what feeling that I said them with was many times. We are all quilty of this, and I am sure I will mess up occasionally, but I am striving for a better tongue.
My words are so limited with my 15 year old now that we live apart. When we can talk I want my words to be meaningful and loving and words that inspire her to strive for a righteous life. My time talking with my mom has drastically lessoned due to us living in a different country. With her circustances in her life I want for my words to be comforting, compassionate and understanding. I want her to know that I will walk beside her even if we are hundreds of miles apart. The ability to talk with my closest friends has become difficult but when we connect I want to be a friend that doesn't judge but encourages, points them to their ultimate councelor and listens without always having answers for their problems. Because my husband and I serve side by side 24/7, I want my words to be loving and patient, accepting. What a tall order this will be but God says with Him nothing is impossible.
I can be a women of many words, but I want my words to be few and the words of my Lord and Savior to be more. I hope this challenges you as it does me to guard our words.
No comments:
Post a Comment