Wow, what a sermon I heard last sunday. It was just for me. The sermon was on Bad days. But he took the worse day in the bible and showed us how Jesus handeled it. Humbeling!!!!
1. Luke 23:34 Jesus said,"Father forgive them for they do not know what
they are doing."
-As we watch bad things happen or people hurting us or others, forgive.
2. Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him saying, "I tell you the truth, today you
will be with me in paradise."
- When you are hurting, look for someone to help!!!
3. John 19:26b,27 ..."Dear women , here is your son, and to the
disciple, "Here is your mother."
- We need to look around us during our own bad days and take care of
others by encouraging them.
4. Mark 15:34b ...Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama
sabachthani?" -which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
- its OK to ask questions, just don,t question the answer.
5. John 19:28b ...Jesus said, "I'm thirsty."
- ask for help, we should ask our family of God for help when we need it.
6. John 19:30 When he had recieved the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished."
With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
-We must perservere and these things too shall pass away.
7. Luke 23:46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands
I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.
-Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of
those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
I walked out that day thinking to myself, it is time to not only follow and live the life of Christ but to also live the death of Christ. What beautiful examples of LOVE our Savior has left us to follow until He returns. Yet we still don't get it. I want to live like Christ died. Perservering, seeking to help others find their salvation, encouraging others, seeking and living the will of my Father and accepting the outcome, knowing that all things are for good to those who love HIM.
Gracias Padre por su amor.
You are making a major impact in the lives of so many! I love the pictures on your sidebar! I enjoy keeping up with what's going on through your blog; you have come a long way from that first blog! This blog is beautiful and full of the love of Christ!
ReplyDelete